Often times, breakfast needs to be on the run. This recipe from active.com for crustless quiche is the more portable version of a full-on quiche recipe. You can make a batch of these ahead of time and reheat for busy mornings. They also freeze nicely.
Easy Cheesy Crustless Quiche
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup or 110 grams)
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium (120 grams) tomato, diced
- 2 cups (60 grams) baby spinach
- 10 large (50 grams each) whole eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) 2% milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces (about 1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cooking oil to grease a nonstick muffin pan and set aside.
While oven is preheating, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, until soft; add bell peppers, tomato and salt, and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes. If using sausage, then add along with bell peppers and tomatoes and sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute more. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, flour, cheese, salt and pepper until well combined.
Portion out the vegetable (and sausage) mixture into 12 muffin wells. Pour the egg mixture on top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until firm.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 2 quiches
Per serving: Calories: 237; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 367mg; Sodium: 413mg; Carbohydrate: 8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 15g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 222mg; Iron: 12%; Vitamin A: 30%; Vitamin C: 22%; Calcium: 16%
Energizing Tips (optional)
- Add in 6 ounces of chicken sausage, finely minced, before baking (see instructions above) to up calories, fat, protein and flavor. (Per serving: Calories: 292; Total Fat: 18g; Carbohydrate: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 21g)
- Serve with 1 cup of baby greens for more vitamins and minerals. (Per serving: Calories: 287; Total Fat: 15g; Carbohydrate: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 15g)
- Serve the quiches with 1 whole wheat English muffin for more calories, carbs and fiber. This makes a quick on-the-go breakfast. (Per serving: Calories: 371; Total Fat: 16g; Carbohydrate: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 21g)
It's launch day! It's just like race day for us. We have trained and trained and worked it to perfection, and the big day is here! We are excited and nervous, and quite possible needed to use the bathroom multiple times this morning, but we know that we have done all we can to get ready and it will be a big success.
Check in with us weekly for news, ideas, and posts about endurance athletics. We will also launch new tshirt designs on a regular basis. Give our facebook page a like and get updates on whats going on at Endurance Apparel, including sales and specials.
Browse the site, pick a shirt (or two), and enjoy! We hope you like shopping at EnduranceApparel.com
John and Pam before the Reeds Lake Triathlon